Sunday, 25 May 2025

You were Mine, I was Yours

 You were Mine, I was Yours


Standing in the center of this city,
the chaos blaring loud,
all my thoughts drift to you
my one and only.

My mind forgets the honking horns,
the tangled traffic fades
all I can think of is you.
The long drives, the secret trips,
the laughter in quiet places,
you and I,
I and you,
us.

I thought we’d be forever,
that no day would go by without you.
Now I wake up alone
no tea waiting,
no brunch on the table,
no arms wrapped around me.

Where did those golden days go?
And where can I find them again?

You’re in the stars now,
so far from me.
I scream at the sky,
at the god I’m not sure I believe in,
because I don’t know what else to do.

I’m still holding on
to everything that’s dead and gone.
I don’t want to say goodbye,
not when this one means forever.

Oh, it hurts so much,
for a million different reasons.
You took the best of my heart,
and left the rest in pieces.

Digging through your old things,
I find the sweater we made together
it smells like you,
it feels like you.
I don’t know if I can ever wear it.

All I wish
is to be one again
together,
whole.

I need you,
and you’re not there.
I don’t want to say goodbye,
not when this feels like the last.

If I could,
I’d rewrite the stars
and make you mine forever.

What if we rewrote the stars?
What if the world belonged to us?
Maybe it’s impossible,
maybe it’s not.

You’re the one I was meant to find.
I’d tear down every wall,
break every rule 
because we’re destined for more.

I’m obsessed,
I loved you dangerously
no one can understand.
My hands were tied,
but you were mine.

I gave you all of me
now there’s nothing left.

This feeling
it never left,
it never will.

I want you,
I want you to be mine again.

I loved you dangerously,
and I’ll hold on
even though you’re dead and gone.

I’ll wish to rewrite the stars,
forever.

Because you were mine
and I was yours.

 



P.S. – This poem is inspired by a few of my favorite songs, whose Spotify playlist I’ll share below. Feel free to listen to them as you read. This is a collection of emotions shaped by the music I love.

Click here for the link.👇

Playlist



Date:- 25-05-2025                                                                                           Written By:- Muskan Nim


4 comments:

  1. It's a heart touching poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. intresting and heart touching poem👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent job Warrior. Keep writing

    ReplyDelete

Raw Sienna

RAW SIENNA The blindfold was not a theatrical gimmick; it was a boundary. Alexander worked only after midnight, sitting on the c...